Hi, guys:

Just want to let all of you know that I just passed Support 2.0 today(873),
which makes me a newly-minted CCNP. I'm happy now but somehow not like what
I had expected. I just want to thank everybody here in the group who had
share their thoughts and expertise, it has given me lots of momentum to keep
studying, and confidence to face tough tests.

For those who may wonder how my journey was like, here's something to share
with you guys...
1)CCNA 1.0,     3/27/00
a good test in that it tests your knowledge of bacis networking, helped me
clarify some vague points in my head when I was preparing it. I got 934 on
the test.
2)Routing 2.0,    6/19/00
Very good and fair test, I say this because I didn't read any test cram
books, I studied Jeff Dole's Routing TCP/IP and Halabi's BGP book, I think
you will be doing fine in this test if you understand the material, not just
remember. I took a 890 on this test.
3)Switching 2.0,   7/10/00
Again good test, I read Cisco LAN-swicthing by Kennedy Clark. I would highly
recommend Clark's book for study of this test, it covers all the test
objectives in BCMSN. This book is good because it's easy to understand and
yet explain the difficult technology throughly. I got a 846 for this one.
4)Remote 2.0,    7/17/00
The easiest test. I focused myself on Cisco BCRAN book. That should be all
you need to pass the test. Don't forget to stduy hard on DDR, ISDN, PPP,
Frame-relay stuff.... I scored 875 on the test.
5)Support 2.0,    7/24/00
I think I had some difficulties to understand some of the questions in the
test. Because the wording is so strange for at least 2 Qs. But just use your
common networking sense you will be fine, my 3 year router experience really
helped. I just browsed through CIT book to bruch up my head for the test.
873 on this one.

So, that's about it.  I guess my next step will be CVOICE and CCIE written.
Anyone who knows these two tests please drop me a line or two, that would be
greatly appreciated!!

Good luck to all of us!!!

Daniel Ji
CCNP