Clear channel is a t1 with B8ZS (Binary Eight Zero Substitution) line
coding. AMI line coding steals 1 bit from every 8 for timing. Which results
in 56Kbps instead of 64Kbps. B8ZS coding allows you to use the full DS0 rate
of 64Kbps by using the BPV's in the signal for timing. I may not be 100%
technically right but it gives you a good picture of whats going on.

Lonnie

8lkd3a$j8q$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8lkd3a$j8q$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...