hi ,
   I have connected  a modem(us robotics ) to serial interface and made it
as physical-layer async  . I am tring to connected to connect to another
1601 with same configuration ,  i am able to dial  to router in either ends
but, not able to ping to serial interface , in choosen encapsulatio as slip
and configured the both the side with modem inout command .
  It work some time with modem dtr-active  and modem answer-timeout 30 but,
i don't know how it work......
can anyone give me solution for this asap.......

idris