Hi,
If you have users on 3 floors of a bldg. and you had a Catalyst 5500 switch,
do all the cables from all 3 floor terminate into one central patch panel
and then to the switch?
Presently, we use 3 com 1100/3300 switches, and we have 3 floors. All the
switches in these 3 floors are connected via fiber links while the switches
themselves  are connected by stright-through cables on each floors.
If I would like to introduce a Catalyst 5500 switch and create VLAN's, don't
all the cables from the jacks on each floor have to be directly connected to
the big switch -as each MAC address is mapped to each port that is mapped to
one VLAN??
How would this be done?
Please advise.
Thank you.