From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Evan
You
Sent:   Wednesday, July 26, 2000 6:49 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Routing Protocol Load-Sharing

What is the maximum number of equal-path equal-cost load sharing / balancing
will OSPF or EIGRP do?

Basically, I have 12 T1 circuits that I am thinking of load-sharing between
two Data Centers. I am either thinking of using a Larscom Orion 4000 IMUX to
bundle the T1 into two groups and out into HSSI interfaces of the 7000
routers, or just simply hook-up all 12 T1 directly to the routers and have
them load-share the links via routing protocols. But I am not certain if the
second option will work. I know that the routers will be taxed more and the
network overall will have several more routes to handle, but the advantage
is that each link is completely redundant from each other. But more than
anything, I am not sure if any routing protocols will handle 12
equal-path/equal-cost load-sharing and balancing.

Thanks,

Evan You - CCNA