John,

Any cert you get is valid untill you have to recertify (rumoured to be 2
years - no official evidence yet).  Also the numbering is just so Cisco can
tell if you learned from the 'revised' material - it is not an indication of
a better or a higher level of qualification.

My advice to you is to study now and pass the exam.  If you are continuing
to CCDP then the CID exam is donkeys years out of date anyway - but there is
STILL not even a whisper of a beta exam to replace it, so it will probably
be at least another 12 months...

There have been posts on this group about the 'official' Cisco viewpoint on
the difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 qualifications so try and search the
archives (you have to do this from www.groupstudy.com).

As far as an employer is concerned they simply need a CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/CCDP
(sometimes only to fullfil their Cisco partner requirements).  Cisco do not
stipulate that they have to be either a 1.0 or a 2.0 (it doesnt matter).  As
such it should make no difference to Salary either...

Keith ;-)