They _are_ all protocols.

ATM = Mostly Physical & Data Link  but shows up in Network (encapsulation,
signalling, transmission, etc....)
Token-Ring = LAN Physical & Data Link layer protocol (wiring, tokens)
FDDI = Physical & Data LInk layer protocol (wiring, frame control & route
information)
Ethernet = LAN Physical & Data Link layer protocol (wiring, CSMA/CD)
Frame Relay = WAN Data LInk layer protocol (think DLCI = Data Link
Connection Identifier)

Of course, you could look at it this way...  If it has an RFC then chances
are its a protocol.

Karen E Young

ELF Technologies, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Desk:  206-770-4035
Pager:  206-994-4514

                    "Ed Moss"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    m>                   cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: a ccna question-help

                    nobody@groups

                    tudy.com

                    07/28/00

                    12:15 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Ed Moss"

It may be how you look at it... looking at "select the best answer" - I say
ATM, Token Ring and FDDI. These require single point-to-point connections.

I believe Ethernet and Frame Relay (NBMA) are multiaccess mediums.

The question it self may be a bit confusing as well since it says
"protocols".  these are all physical mediums and not specifically
protocols.

Ed