Chuck,

The following URL gives info on this.  See specifically: "Table 2-6:
Catalyst 1900 and Catalyst 2820 VTP Modes"  The summary of this information
is that it depends on the VTP mode in which the switch is operating.  If the
switch is a VTP server, then it can have up to 128 VLANs.  If it is in
transparent mode, it is still 128 VLANs.  As a VTP client, it can learn up
to 1005 VLANs.  I think the 64 number might be from an older revision of the
software.  I only looked at the version 9 docs:

General Documentation:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/28201900/

VLAN Documentation:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/28201900/1928v9x/ee_scg/