It's my understanding that as long as your cables and connectors are up to
Cat 5E specifications, it should run gigabit ethernet just fine.  If it
needed special cabling or connectors, then it wouldn't be Cat 5E anymore,
now would it?  :-)  Maybe he's saying "cat 5E" but thinking Cat 6.

This guy doesn't sell these connectors and specially bonded cabling, does
he?  <g>

>  I was just speaking to someone who was very, very sure that 1000 Base-T
required not only Cat 5E cable, but that the cable had to be specially
bonded and that it needed special connectors.  I had always though that all
I needed was regular Cat 5e.    This guy seemed so sure of himself, that I
didn't want to tell him he was crazy without checking first.  Is he right?