Title: RE: CCIE written expire after one year?
On CCO at:

Policies for Candidates attempting CCIE lab exam.

#3 - Written Exam Expiry

Candidates must attempt the CCIE Lab exam within one year of passing the CCIE Qualification exam. As long as a candidate attempts the CCIE Lab at least once every 12 months, the candidate may take up to three years to pass the Lab Exam. However, if a candidate has not passed the CCIE Lab exam within three years of passing the written exam, he or she must retake the CCIE Qualification exam before the candidate will be allowed to schedule the Lab exam again.

Kevin Wigle