The gateway for PC A should be the IP address of PC B, and verse versa.

hope this will help

tristan

                    "Sim, CT (Chee Tong)"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    obank.com>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     what went wrong in this
simple test????? pls
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        help

                    08/01/2000 10:23 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Sim, CT (Chee Tong)"

Hi..  Ask you a simple question,  just now I want to test whether a cross
cable is working or not?  I use two PC to test.  I use the cable to two NIC
of the PCs

First the
IP for PC A is 57.198.165.199 subnet=255.255.254.0 gateway =57.198.164.1
IP for PC B is 57.198.165.212 subnet=255.255.254.0 gateway =57.198.164.1

But I cannot ping each other

so I changed IP to
IP for PC A is 10.0.0.1 subnet=255.0.0.0 gateway =10.0.0.3
IP for PC B is 10.0.0.2 subnet=255.0.0.0 gateway =10.0.0.3

still cannot ping each other

I feel it is simple, I am sure that I didnot make mistake on the IP?
what's
wrong?  Can you connect two PC via a cross cable?????

Sim

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.