The 515 is actually at my home and from my office, I VPN to it.  Yeah I know
it is quirky, but I do have a legitimate excuse.

You asked what the ip address outside DHCP setroute command does.  I  have
DSL at home with no static IP address.  That line in my PIX essentially lets
the PIX know that I will be receiving my outside IP address via DHCP.  The
setroute argument merely transfers the gateway IP address to my inside PCs.
Yes, I am also using DHCP to serve internal IP addresses to my internal PCs.

Your other question about VPN access and Internet.  Not sure if I understand
your question, but while I am VPN'd into my PIX from home, yes users at home
(my wife) can access the Internet.  Is this what you are asking?  YOu should
be able to VPN from your home to your 515 at work and still allow INternet
access for the employees at your work.