XY,

I would think that the metrics of the summarized routes do NOT affect the
summary route because the summary route originates on the router doing the
summarization. Therfore it would be advertised "clean" to the next router,
i.e. using only the default EIGRP metrics. So a router 3 hops away from the
router doing the summarization would see the summary route as having a
metric affected only by the links it had to cross to get to that router.
This would be the same as if the router doing the summarization were
originating any other route. The fact that it is a summarization does not
affect the metric.

AFAIK, of course! :)

S! (Salute!)

Brian