Charles

There are 3 basic differences.  The foundation exam really is like three
exams in one sitting.  You get questions from all three of the topic areas
and get scores for each subject area. If you pass in ALL subject areas then
you have passed.  If you fail in any area then you have failed the whole
exam.
The 2nd difference is cost. If you pass first time then you will spend less
on the foundations exam.  If you fail once or twice then it would probably
have been cheaper to take the exams individually. The final difference is
that the foundations exam does not count in any way towards CCIP
certification. You will still need to pass BSCI to attain CCIP
certification.

So if you are very confident of your knowledge of Routing, Switching and
Remote Access, and arent planning on going for CCIP then the Foundation
exam could be a quicker, cheaper route to CCNP (with Support exam).

Peter Walker

        CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, etc

--On 31 March 2003 13:00 +0000 "DeVoe, Charles (PKI)"