Depending on the servers you could do it in 5 min.  There is an
annonamys account that runs over netbios in the 130's port area.  If
there isn't a firewall in place to filer this port you can use the "net
use" command and have access to the box.  After this you can download
the backup copy of the SAM off the server run a crack program like
lophtcrack and BLING BLING.  You have every user name and password on
the system.  All to easy.

I would recommend the Hacking Exposed book.  If you want to protect your
system from cracker / hackers.  You need to know what they can and will
do to get what they want.  However don't let a firewall be your end all
do all solution.  Look into hardening you Server OS, if its Win2k try
learning about group policy's they are a wonderful addition.  If it's
Novell or Linux, sorry I can't be much help.  But the rule applies

Steve