I think thats the maximum of asynchronous communication that they've put
into their documentation, I don't think there is an upper limit to the real
transfer rate. I suppose you could clock a asynchronous transmission way up
into the Mbps range and that interface would still suck it in. granted there
would probably be tons of errors/drops, but I don't think cisco has a hard
limit on how much it can receive.

technically I think rs-449 is rated into the Mbps range and is still
considered asynchronous. correct me if I'm wrong.

scott

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]