Dear All,

I have a CORE network with /16,eg, 10.10.10.0/16 and a seperate segment with
ip 10.10.20.0/24 with a router.
ie
segment/24 -- routerA --- CORE LAN/16 ---- CORE router

All the CORE PC with default gateway pointing to CORE router and segment PC
will point to routerA.

Here is the my question.
Router A have a default route pointing to CORE router. However, I check that
the CORE router doesn't have a route pointing back. ie,
NO ip route 10.10.20.0/24 to routerA. Therefore, I assume that the CORE
router don't know how to route the traffic back.

But how come the CORE LAN PC and segment PC can ping another?

And why traceroute from CORE LAN PC the first hop will redirect to routerA
interface? (because of ip-redirect?)

TIA.

rgds,
LoChing