That's incorrect and as others have said, it's a bad idea..

Larry Letterman
Cisco Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Nuurul Basar
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 8:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Layer 3 and 2 question. [7:69576]

I am planning to configured both my core and distributions as L3 device,
and let the access switch to distribution using L2. I was advice that by
doing this on my network two identical ip address on same subnet/vlan
but in a different access switch can exist. And a packet that is attend
to a host in the different switch might end up in the else where.  Is
this real?.

Sorry, but I have never think off this before.

Thanks

Nuurul Basar Mohd Baki
Network Engineer
DDSe