This works fine. Use 802.1q as the VLAN trunking/tag
protocol if you're doing a VLAN trunk between the
switches. The native/default VLAN on both switch ports
has to be the same VLAN.

If it's not a VLAN trunk, then you can just use a
cross over cable between the two.

I don't think link-aggregation (cisco fast
etherchannel, nortels mlt) for combining more then 1
link into one shared pipe will work using the vendors
propiertary protocols. Newer versions of the cisco
code and nortel code I believe both support LACP for
this so it should be fine on current releases. This
may be for higher speed connections though.

http://calendar.yahoo.com