Hi All (long one)

Have my WAN running OSPF using a third party for the virtual Frame cloud
(telstra tpips), have just merged with a company that runs BGP over there
WAN and also use a third party for the virtual frame/IP cloud (not Telstra
Tpips). There is a single site that both companies share, where there is a
single 2620 (its a datacentre) with 2 serial interfaces. My company uses
serial 0, there company uses serial 1. They have a notes expert in one of
there sites on there WAN, which I now need to get working via PC Anywhere to
one of my servers on my WAN. Can any one see the challenge yet ? At present,
the routing between orgs is not shared, thus OSPF (process 10) on the shared
2620, is not being redistributed into BGP on there WAN, mainly because we
have found out that we both use the same IP scheme in places, and
redistributing could be very painful.

My question is, can I try the following. On my OSPF network, from the shared
2620, could I not create a route distribution list and add that to the OSPF
argument , then create the appropriate access list for the subnet that the
notes expert is on ? This would then hopefully inject a route from this 2620
into my OSPF network, with this 2620 being the advertising router to the
notes expert ? Well, I tried that, and I did not see any changes. Had the
notes guy on the phone and neither of us could do a trace route. I noticed
that when I did a trace route, the packet would go one hop then come back,
then my local router would send it back one hop, then that next hop router
would send it back,,very odd.

As I know almost nothing about BGP, could I redistribute BGP selectively
into OSPF ? Both companies use private 10.x IP schemes.

If any one has played with this sort of stuff using a third party for the
virtual IP cloud, I would love to learn how you got it working.

Thanks all
John
Sydney Australia

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is
confidential to Solution 6. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot
use, distribute or copy the message or attachments.  In such a case, please
notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the
message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of
Solution 6 are neither given nor endorsed by it.