Hi all

I have 3 x 2621 routers and 2 x 515 pixes.  The setup I am currently running
is as follow:

  Internet --- Router1 --- PIX1 --- DMZ --- PIX2 --- Router2 --- LAN

Both routers and both PIXes  are both running full access-list to protect
inside interface.

I have another design in mind which is:

Internet --- Router1 --- PIX1 --- Router2 --- LAN

                                    Router3

                                     DMZ

I prefer this design which I can use the other pix for failover and also, I
still can run access-list on both Router2 and Router3.

Is the second one a better design? I can't see much point running 2 pixes
with the same model on the first diagram.  I would more agree to have dual
firewall in diagram 1 if the second firewall is a different firewall product.

Does anyone have any comment on this?

Thanks.

Christian.