I just wanted to let you know that I purchased the Boson Router Simulator
when I was preparing for my CCNP exams.  Looking back, I feel it was
certainly not worth the investment.  I thought that this may save me some
money over buying a couple of routers on eBay, but I would have been better
off with the routers.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong with the
simulator.  Things as simple as configuring a P-P Frame Relay circuit.  I
was never able to get frame-relay to activate.  Some IP routes would not
refresh correctly until a different routing protocol was loaded and
unloaded.  I could go into more detail, but I do not think it is necessary.
Then I would have to document these issues and send them on to tech support
and wait a day or so for a response.  It seemed to slow me down in my
progress.

Do not get me wrong, the simulator is a good idea (I think if you are trying
to get your CCNA).  For the complex scenarios we have to learn for the CCNP
or CCIE, there is no replacement other than a network of actual routers.

Hope this helps!