Replaced an old foundry serveriron switch with a 3550 over the weekend.
Our primary NS (old BSD/OS 3.1 all patches) was plugged into the
serveriron and had well over 200 days uptime. NS was moved to the 3550,
all that changed was moving the cable from the old switch to the new 3550.

Made the changes on the server to reflect new GW and away it went.
Well damned if the nameserver rebooted at 8:30am the next morning (sunday)
So this morning I sit down with my morning coffee and looking over mail I
see the nameserver rebooted again at 8:55am this morning.

Only thing that changed as the Default route on the server and moving the
ethernet cable from old to new switch and that was all.

Ports auto'd to 100/full on the 3550. We will hard set the ports today but
it is sorta odd that a server running fine for over 200 days on one switch
then moving it to a new switch suddenly decides to reboot two days in a
row at roughly the same time. Switch is fine, it did not reboot, nor did
anything else plugged into it.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Keith