Example:
1 2501 Router
1 2503 Router
1 DTE-DCE Cable

To connect both router and have them communicate with each other, connect
DTE end of the cable to S0 of 2501 and connect DCE end of cable to 2503's
S0. This is just an example. You can always revers it or connect it to any
other serial port as you think might fit your needs.

Whichever is the router with the "DCE" end connected, go to it's serial (S0)
and configure add the line "clock rate 64000" or any other speed you want it
to provide to simulate a real connection. I use "clock rate 1000000".

After that, you can give both ends of the connection ip addresses and "no
shutdown" and the line will be up (with the default HDLC encapsulation).

Normally, a router connects to a DCE device like a CSU/DSU to connect via T1
connection because DCE devices provide clocking to the DTE device. since
you're "simulating" a real connection, one of the DTE device has to be
configired as a DCE device that provides clocking. hope this helps.

Kenneth

8m95cl$eg2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8m95cl$eg2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...