""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> We use ISDN for dial backup where DSL is not available and we need more
> bandwidth than a standard modem connection would provide, which is a lot
of
> locations.  It seems that there is a lot of ISDN out there and plenty of
it
> being ordered, but I might be mistaken.  I'd love to get rid of it because
> it has too many quirks.  :-)

just my two cents, but ISDN is one of the old and arguably obsolete
technologies that still is quite relevant today. I prefer to sell RLAN ( ATM
host and DSL spokes ) but when the customer requires relaibale backup, ISDN
is always the choice. Happens a lot because although DSL is generally very
reliable, when a link develops troube it still can take a long time for a
telco to get around to fixing it. Sometimes over a week, in my experience.