At 09:34 AM 6/23/2003 -0500, MADMAN wrote:

>Zsombor Papp wrote:

>>>    Were the two T1's terminating at two differant ISP's?  If so BGP
>>>would be appropriate.  If you have 2 T1's terminating at a single ISP in
>>>the same POP then no.
>>
>>What would you do if they had been terminating at a single ISP in the
>>same POP? Or did you mean "same router"?
>
>   Most likely simple default routes.

You mean default static routes? From a pure theoretical point of view, that
seems a bit dangerous to me (to have two default static route pointing to
two different routers). If one of the ISP routers is not directly connected
to the customer's router (because for example there is an Ethernet switch
in the middle), then the customer's router won't notice even if the ISP
router is powered down. Even if the two routers are directly connected, it
is possible (even though with current IOS versions it is not very likely)
that the interface stays up even though routing dies on the ISP router. In
short, I think there is a chance of you blackholing half of your traffic.

Comments? :)

Thanks,

Zsombor