>>> yasmin ashraf  6/24/03 6:00:35 AM> >>>
>Dear Sir,
>
>I need some help. Actually I am trying to configure
>BRI. When I type command "Sh ISDN status" then it
>shows BRI Layer 1 is deactivated. But whereas NTBA box
>shows both lights (Line, Voltage) as Ok. Following is
>my cable configuration from S/T interface of NTBA box
>to S/T interface of Router :-
>
>3 --- 3
>4 --- 4
>5 --- 5
>6 --- 6
>
>1, 2, 7, 8 are not being used. Could you please help..
>I would be grateful to you.
>
>Thanks,
>Yasmin

I certainly don't mind helping but it's best to send requests to the
group so everyone gets the benefit of the discussion.

You've checked the cable so I would next make sure that you have the
switch-type configured correctly and that the interface isn't shutdown
for some reason.  I know that's obvious but it doesn't hurt to
doublecheck.  :-)  If your router has more than one BRI I would check to
make sure you have the cable connected to the correct interface.

If you've made changes to the switch-type it's best to save your config
and reload the router.  Otherwise, the change might not work correctly.

Here's a link that might help you out:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/service/troubleshooting/ts_isdn.htm

Let us know what happens.  If you get it working we'd love to know what
fixed it.  If you don't get it working we'll try to help.

Regards,
John