I haven't seen anything about this before, so I thought I'd share an article
from CertMag....

Cisco_PolishesCisco Polishes CCNA Certification
Cisco Systems will announce several enhancements to the Cisco Certified
Network Associate (CCNA) program tomorrow, June 24th. CCNA, Cisco's most
popular certification, was introduced in April 1998 and is the entry-level
certification for the Cisco Career Certification Program. It requires
base-level knowledge of IP networking and troubleshooting. Enhancements to
the CCNA program include a new two-step exam path, revisions to content and
a new recertification option.

Candidates will now have two paths to approach CCNA certification: a
single-exam path that includes exam #640-801 (which will be available June
30th) or a two-exam path that includes exam #640-821 (Introduction to Cisco
Networking Technologies, or INTRO) and exam #640-811 (Interconnecting Cisco
Network Devices, or ICND).

http://www.certmag.com/articles/templates/cmag_nl_extra_content.asp?articlei
d=298
 &zoneid=37