>I have a 2522 and a 1720.I want to setup the 2522 so that it will dial via
>serial port using a modem that is attached.I have a DB60 to DB25 DTE cable

>for that.The router must dial the AUX port on the 1720 for use in out of
>band management.The 2522 does not want to dial out.
>
>Could someone please look at my config and maybe help.
>
>Thanks
>
>Cisco 2522
>IOS (tm) 2500 Software (C2500-JS40-L), Version 11.3(6)T,  RELEASE SOFTWARE

>(fc1)
>hostname router1
>!
>!
>username router2 password 0
>ip subnet-zero
>chat-script test "" "ATDT\T" TIMEOUT 120 CONNECT \C
>
>interface Serial2
>physical-layer async
>no ip address
>encapsulation ppp
>bandwidth 9600
>dialer in-band
>dialer-group 1
>async mode dedicated
>!

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm pulling this from the rear-most
vaults of my brain.  It seems to me that you want to use 'dialer dtr' on the
serial interface so that it raises DTR when it wants to dial.  Then you
configure your modem with the number you want to dial and set it to dial out
when it sees DTR go high.

That might be the trick, or it might not.  :-)

HTH,
John

RFC 1855 Compliant  (apologies to Mr. Ridder)