Yet another update to the joys of re-certification.

Today I received a "new" certificate for CCNP.

Also a new wallet card.

The certificate doesn't indicate that I've been a CCNP since June 2000.

However, it does say "valid through 6 June 2006".

So, now if you're asked to show proof of certification and you bring your
certificate your prospect employer will see if you're current or not.

Which is interesting because the new certification look-up on the web site
states that Cisco will not show valid dates.

This seems at odds with the new certificates.

If we have to prove current status I would rather have an original
certificate that has a sticker affixed with the new "expiration" date.

So your resume will have to show that you've held certification for "x"
years unless you bring every certificate.....................

Checking up on the website and I see that a new CCDP certificate is also on
its way.

Oh well, after another few recertifications I'll be able to paper my office
wall.

Kevin Wigle