I think the results may depend on the rev of IOS and line
card you're running.  I did some lab testing with a 2610 running
12.2(4)T6 and it looks like this will work via the route-map
(PBR) mechanism.   It looks like, in this rev of code, that
if the next-hop is not directly connected, then it will
drop back to normal L3 forwarding.  Further, it looks like
if the match is not met, one can avoid the second stage in
the route-map.  If one falls off the end of the route-map, it
looks like standard L3 forward is performed (at least in the
testing I did)

Below's the route-map I used in my testing:

route-map dink permit 10
 match ip address 10            ! access-list 10 permit a.a.a.a log
 set ip next-hop 192.168.0.14   ! equiv to your T1 interface

Here's the message I get when the 192.168.0.14 interface
is down or the match for a.a.a.a is not met:

  01:57:04: IP: s=192.168.20.2 (Serial1/0), d=192.168.100.14
  (Serial1/3), len 100, policy rejected -- normal forwarding

Not sure about the verify-availability command.  It looks like
it requires your ISP to run CDP on the T1 to you.  Wouldn't
expect that to be typical.

One other item you need to be aware of is if your router A
is used as transit from a.a.a.a to other internal destinations.
COnsider a packet from a.a.a.a going to some destintion c.c.c.c
that is reached via some interface on router A.  Since the policy
gets applied first, the a.a.a.a packets will get forwarded out the
T1 interface to the ISP, who will route them back to router A.
One could configure all local destinations in the route-map
before the test to match for a.a.a.a, but that's a real mess.
If you move to VRFs, you should be able to leak your IGP routes
into the VRF.