Group,

I have a customer that has two locations connected via 2-Full
point-to-point T1's.

The customer has a 1720 at each location.

The customer is using EIGRP to load balance the two locations.

The networks at each location show in the routing tables with the same
administrative distance.

Everything is fine up to this point.

However, when I look at the traffic statistics for each of the T1's, the
first T1 has significantly higher utilization.

My research has led me to believe the reason that traffic isn't spread
more evenly over the T1's is due to the way the 1720's switch the
traffic.

It's my understanding that by default the 1720's use per-destination
load balancing in the type of scenario my customer has.

Since only one network is at each location this would explain the
utilization issues.

The solution appears to be for the customer to implement per packet load
balancing.

Am I correct on my points so far ??

If I implement per packet load-balancing for the customer, is the
command to do this no ip route-cache ??

If yes, on what interface do I place the command, if not what are the
command or commands and how are they implemented ??

One of the warnings I've read about concerning per packet load-balancing
is that low end routers like the 1720 may not be able to handle, should
I be concerned about the 1720's ??

The customer has a pair of 2621's we could use in place of the 1720's.

Bottomline, the customer would like to load balance the two locations
via the two T1's move evenly, am I proceeding the right direction ??

If not, what recommendations would others offer.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Manuel