Hello all,

I have a practice lab setup as follows :

                R1 ( bri int ) ----------  ISDN switch ---------------
(bri int ) -- R2.

I have configured the ISDN simulator with Basic-ni1 settings and the
directory #s and SPIDs for both the ports.

The following output I see when I issue " sh isdn status"

R1.

======
 ISDNSW1#sh isdn status
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
ISDN BRI1/0 interface
        dsl 8, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 65, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
        TEI 65, ces = 1, state = 8(established)
            spid1 configured, spid1 sent, spid1 NOT valid
        TEI Not Assigned, ces = 2, state = 1(terminal down)
            spid2 configured, spid2 NOT sent, spid2 NOT valid
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 8 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x80000003
================
on R2

===========
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
ISDN BRI1/0 interface
        dsl 8, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 64, Ces = 2, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED
        TEI = 255, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = ESTABLISH_AWAITING_TEI
        TEI Not Assigned, ces = 1, state = 3(await establishment)
            spid1 configured, spid1 NOT sent, spid1 NOT valid
        TEI 64, ces = 2, state = 1(terminal down)
            spid2 configured, spid2 sent, spid2 valid
            Endpoint ID Info: epsf = 0, usid = 3, tid = 1
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
        CCB:callid=0, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=0, calltype=INTERNAL (BR1/0)
SPC Call
    Active dsl 8 CCBs = 1
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x80000003

Can anybody suggest what could be the reason for this inconsistent
output?

Thanks,
Rajesh