Thanks chuck. I knew that Serial and ethernet signalling is different but
hey, I might get lucky! lol.

Well, the deal is, I have configured a 1720 router for a customer that uses
a modem attached to the serial interface of the 1720 and dials out to the
internet. They're somewhere in the sticks in Ohio so at that time, there's
no DSL availability nor Cable connection. They're planning on moving their
office now closer to Cleveland so DSL will be available. They don't want to
spend extra money for a different router (2610). I was thinking about using
a Linksys DSL modem but they all have Ethernet interfaces.

I was thinking of selling him a 2501 router but found out that there's only
one Ethernet interface on this thing. I guess they would have to get a 633
DSL modem from Cisco that has a Serial interface. The customer would rather
spend the money to buy an expensive DSL router than to "throw away" his 1720
since we've spent all this time with it with the VPN, NAT and stuff that he
feels it's a waste of consulting time if we go out and get a new router and
had me come and reconfigure VPN, NAT and what not (rhymes, too!) again on a
new router.

001301bfffdb$56815360$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:001301bfffdb$56815360$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...