Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:

> It looks like you post using the Web site. A lot of people do
> GroupStudy via e-mail. They can't tell what your messages refer
> to. They seem like orphans. When posting from the Web, please
> press the Quote button first and then add comments, and your
> messages will arrive with some context. Thanks.

Yeah I picked up the topic today about people getting all GRUMPY because
some of us don't quote first. The Web site has two options to view the
messages: Flat and Threaded View. In flat view you don't have the Quote
Button. :(
I changed to Threaded View so I could quote, specially for you... (and the
other thousand happy people out there). No serious, I didn't know about this
problem until today.

> On routers, the few nanoseconds saved by outputting voice first
> are irrelvant compared to the hundreds of milliseconds to reach
> the satellite.

Yes maybe, but won't you run into trouble with jitter?
And then also I think that if you don't have some kind of
prioritization/fragmentation to take care of big data packets you can also
have a problem with smaller sized voice packets. I'm thinking here in the
line of FRF.12 (fragmentation for voice on frame-relay networks). I don't
know what's a similar technique for satellite networks...

> > PS. Nice to see fellow SAfricans on the forum.
>
> I thought you were from Brazil?! Now I am curious! :-)

I'm posting from sunny Brazil, that's right! I met a Brazlian girl in SA and
made the big decision to move to Brazil, learn a new language, and the rest
is history.

Kind regards,
Janó