David,

No, the course has completely changed. The switches are different--3550s and
2950s. Most of the content is different, including topics like new enhanced
STP features, CEF, VRRP, queuing and prioritization, metro and optical, and
many other topics. I'd definitely take the newer version since, in the 1.1
course, you'll probably get a 5500 with an RSM to to multilayer switching
and this is an EOLed product; plus the 1.1 class covers the CatOS--the 2.0
covers the IOS, which is the direction Cisco is pushing.

Cheers!
--

Richard A. Deal

Visit my home page at http://home.cfl.rr.com/dealgroup/

Author of Cisco PIX Firewalls, CCNA Secrets Revealed!, CCNP Remote Access
Exam Prep, CCNP Switching Exam Cram, and CCNP Cisco LAN Switch Configuration
Exam Cram

Cisco Test Prep author for QuizWare, providing the most comprehensive Cisco
exams on the market.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]