Hello group,

I am facing slow response issue when connecting to Mainframe. This is how my
connectivity goes

[EMAIL PROTECTED] A ---> FrameRelay(WAN) --> Location B ---> Site to Site VPN (T1)
--> [EMAIL PROTECTED] C

I have captured the packet using ethereal and found that Source PC TCP
Maximum Segment Size is 1456bytes and that of Mainframe is 4056bytes. This
slow response issue with mainframe is intermittent. And there is no issue at
the mainframe as it works fine when I connect from within the Location C

Source side there is no issue since for some other mainframe at Location D,
I am getting good response and the Source PC MSS is 1456bytes and that of
Mainframe MSS is 536bytes. The only difference in this connectivity is that
this mainframe is connected using an framerealy from Location B to Location
D (given below)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] A ---> FrameRelay(WAN) --> Location B ---> FrameRelay(WAN)-->
[EMAIL PROTECTED] D

I would like to know whether the MSS Size of 4056bytes from mainframe in the
Location C attributes to the slow reponse issue. Is the high MSS size is due
to Site-to Site VPN from Location B to C( due to excess header information
due to VPN)  or something else.

Would appreciate your response.

TIA,
Kum

Design your holidays. At your convenience.
http://www.flexihols.com/2003/index.php Click here.