The only way I can think of to do this would be to use a routing protocol
with weighted routes.  Because you are using an access point the wireless
connection will look to you like an ethernet.  This being said the
interfaces will never go down.  The way you may be able to solve this
would be to use a routing protocol that sends hello packect across the
wireless network.  This would then detect when you get out of range and
then switch routing to the satellite.  You could use a floating static to
do the routing so you don't have to send routing packets across the
satellite network.   (this would be very much like a dial-backup type of
solution.
-Geoff Kuchera