You are correct. Dialer-group 1 looks for dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit.
The dialer-list 1 command is right after you access list if you are looking
at your running config. If it is not there then this is your problem.

Will have no effect on users login. Only effect is they will not be
disconnected anymore.

This will fix your issue.

Ronnie
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]