Karen,

We are currently working on rolling out Martini L2 Ethernets over MPLS.
There are two Cisco ways to do Ethernet over MPLS.

The first and most commonly used method uses VC 0x0004 as defined in
draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls.  It is used to transport individual
.1q vlans, which if I read your message correctly is what you want to
do.

It's configured like this:

PE router

Int gig 1/1.100
Encap dot1Q vlan-id
Mpls l2transport dest-ip vc-id

The second and newer EoMPLS technique is support of VC 0x0005.  It has
just recently been introduced in (the quite buggy on 7500s) release of
12.0.24S.  This technique supports port to port Ethernet trunking
allowing many vlans to flow over the same physical port and letting you
trunk Ethernet switches through the network.

It sounds like what you want is the first technique.

One word of caution though.  Every Ethernet device the communicates with
the PE router will be in said routers ARP table.  Be careful.  That
being said this is some awesome technology. I'm definitely a big fan.

Good Luck and let me know how your MPLS implementation goes.

Mike

Mike Bernico
Sr. Network Engineer
Illinois Century Network