Daniel Cotts wrote:

> I have a printed copy of errata for Doyle Vol I that indicates
> 18 errors.
> That is correct for my copy (1st printing) of the book. The
> format is such
> that I must have printed it from the CiscoPress site.
> The new errata - indicating two errors - has information not
> included in my
> printed copy.
> Does a publisher make minor corrections between printings?

Yes, a publisher does make corrections between printings.

> If
> so, we should
> hope they keep multiple errata.

Errata are supposed to be plural. The singular is erratum. (Doesn't that
sound awful? :-)

Seriously, that would be terrible if the only errata page you can get now
matches the latest printing, when thousands of people have older printings,
but I bet that is the case...

Managing errata per printing would require structure, planning, common
sense, ability to work well with details, and other things missing from
typical workplaces these days. :-)

Priscilla