>I accidentally deleted the posting about this but I wanted to make a
point.
>It's been said that a static route has an AD of 1 unless it points
directly
>out an interface, in which case it has an AD of 0. Sasa just mentioned
that
>this has been discussed in the past and is a myth. However, I'd like to
>agree with the 'myth'.
>
>A directly connected route has an AD of 0. If you create a static route
>pointing directly out an interface, that route will show up as directly
>connected in the routing table, and would therefore have an AD of 0.  In
>fact, if you look at a static route you'll see the usual [AD/metric]
listed
>as [1/0]. However, if you look at a static route pointing out an interface
>this is missing. This is because the router treats that route as if it
were
>directly connected to the interface.
>
>If I'm wrong about this--and I certainly might be--please let me know
where
>my reasoning is incorrect.
>
>Regards,
>John

Nevermind, I've answered my own question by testing. A static route
definitely has an AD of 1 regardless of the destination. If you simply do a
"show ip route static" you won't see an administrative distance listed; it
will show as directly connected. However, if you look at a specific static
route, like 'show ip route 10.1.1.1', no matter which destination you used
it will look like this:

Router#sho ip route 20.1.1.1
Routing entry for 20.1.1.1/32
  Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0 (connected)
  Redistributing via eigrp 1
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  * 172.16.10.75
      Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1
    directly connected, via Ethernet0/2
      Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

This output is caused by having both flavors of static route in the routing
table at the same time. If the AD of one of them was actually zero it would
be the only one listed. In this case, they both have an AD of 1.

Regards,
John