Chuck,

Thanks for the useful info.

Question for you: Why does Cisco does this? Is it just to screw us,
seriously? :->

If you have checked out Cisco's web site for the CCDP exam topics, IPX,
AT, Windows Networking, X.25, SNA and Stratacom switches are NOT
mentioned at all. But someone else who took the same exam on 12/2002 just
pointed out that everything else but SNA and Stratacom switches were
covered on the exam.

I wonder if Cisco just published a new exam topics on their web-site.

They do mention HSRP, IRB, Spanning-Tree, Vlans, BPDU's etc. etc which I
don't see being covered in the CID book.??

I am confused!! All I am using in the CID book by M. Birkerner. I wonder
if this will suffice.

Sincerely.

>From: ""Chuck Whose Road is Ever Shorter"" >Reply-To: ""Chuck Whose Road
is Ever Shorter"" >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Re: Topics covered
for the CID 640-025 exam?? [7:72479] >Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:48:30 GMT
> >if it's any help, the CCDP recert exam pretty much followed right
along the >published exam topics. I don't recall being surprised by
anything I saw. > >As for the CID itself, I took the 3.0 exam several
years ago and the only >real gripe I had about it was the stratecom
stuff, which was not included in >the course materials. It took me two
tries to pass, but mainly because I >didn't treat the LAN protocols
seriously the first time through. If recent >experience is worth
anything, the published exam topics are probably the >best place to
start. > >For both my CCNP and CCDP recerts, I found that a couple of
years of reading >and hands on as part of CCIE Lab prep were all that was
necessary ;-> > > >""Cisco Nuts"" wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > > Hello, > > > >
Sorry, If this is another request but.... > > Are any of the following
topics covered under the CID 640-025 exam? > > The exam is still valid
for upto 45 days after July 25th, I think? > > > > IPX > > AppleTalk > >
Windows Networking > > SNA > > X.25 > > Stratacom Switches > > > > These
topics are not listed under: > >
>http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/testing/current_exams/640-025.html
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online > >
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963 > > > >
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]