A couple of days ago I came across a new (to me anyway) Cisco feature,
menus. So naturally I configured a router with menus to see how it
works... Everything seems to work fine, except the login option.

When Telneting to this router, I use the username and password as
specified within the configuration file (attached in its entirety at the
end of this post). Note: The "login authentication default" command
isn't under the line configuration because it's default. After logging
in the menu immediately appears as expected.

All of the menu options work, but when I choose option 3 (which requires
a second authentication), the command never runs! Here is an example
where I re-authenticate properly:

        ... text omitted ...
            9          Sign off

         Enter your selection, HUMAN: 3
        Login required

        User Access Verification

        Username: fry
        Password:

        --More--
                                Welcome to my Cisco router
                              All your base are belong to us.
        ... text omitted ...

Here is the output when I do not authenticate properly

        ... text omitted ...
            9          Sign off

         Enter your selection, HUMAN: 3
        Login required

        User Access Verification

        Username: alsdkfj;alsdkfj
        Password:

        % Authentication failed.

        --More--
                                Welcome to my Cisco router
                              All your base are belong to us.
        ... text omitted ...

Has anyone ever successfully configured menus with a secondary
authentication? Any ideas???

- Tom

Full router configuration
-------------------------
Current configuration : 1593 bytes
!
version 12.2
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname Rtr-3
!
logging queue-limit 100
enable secret 5 $1$F30N$HeewMLSkB0BkSZWKFr9BP1
!
username fry password 0 guy
aaa new-model
!
!
aaa authentication login default local
aaa session-id common
ip subnet-zero
!
!
no ip domain lookup
!
mpls ldp logging neighbor-changes
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
no voice hpi capture buffer
no voice hpi capture destination
!
!
mta receive maximum-recipients 0
!
!
!
!
interface Loopback0
  ip address 1.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
  no ip address
  shutdown
  duplex auto
  speed auto
!
interface Serial0/0
  no ip address
  shutdown
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
  ip address dhcp
  duplex auto
  speed auto
!
interface Serial0/1
  no ip address
  shutdown
!
ip http server
ip classless
!
!
!
!
menu TEST title ^C
                         Welcome to my Cisco router
                       All your base are belong to us.
^C
menu TEST prompt ^C Enter your selection, HUMAN: ^C
menu TEST text 1 Show IP routing stuff
menu TEST command 1 show ip route
menu TEST text 2 Show IP protocol info
menu TEST command 2 show ip protocol
menu TEST text 3 Show the time
menu TEST command 3 show clock
menu TEST options 3 login
menu TEST command bye menu-exit
menu TEST text 9 Sign off
menu TEST command 9 exit
menu TEST line-mode
!
!
radius-server authorization permit missing Service-Type
call rsvp-sync
!
!
mgcp profile default