OSPF doesn't generate broadcast packets. It genereates multicast packets;
the ones addressed to 224.0.0.5 are received by all OSPF routers, and the
ones addressed to 224.0.0.6 are received by all DRs.
I suppose you should allow transport protocol number 89 - if you only allow
TCP (6) and UDP (17), OSPF information just won't get through.
That's my $0.02. Take my advice with a grain of salt, however, because I've
only recently started to prepare for my Routing exam.

Georger