John Neiberger wrote:

> It appears that Cisco is updating the CCIP track and removing
> multicast from
> the requirements. Is that really the case, and if so, why?

The whole CCIP track is being revamped.  I was a good way towards the CCIP
Metro Optical when they killed it.  I don't think it was out much more than
a year.  The explanation was that Cisco was re-aligning to better match
market reality.  Blah blah blah.   They basically took the CCIP towards the
ISP market and killed off everything else (ISP as opposed to just service
provider - which might involve WAN technologies such as SONET).  I guess
they didn't feel mcast played a big role in the ISP realm.  They're probably
right.  I don't work in an ISP and never have, so I can't say for sure.  But
mcast still seems to be an enterprise technology for the moment.
Internet-wide mcast still seems to be experimental.  Almost certainly not
profitable.