What is it your trying to do, boot the MSFC from the sup slot0?  If
so you can't from ROMMON.  You must have a VLAN up and running or it
will not work.  since you apparently have a boot image in bootflash
bring your MSFC up in the boot image, config up a VLAN and add you boot
variable pointing to the image on the sup-slotx: and this should work.

   If you trying to get to the ROMMON from a switch con don't pull or
power off the switch sup, just reload the MSFC and issue a break.

   Dave

Todd Veillette wrote:
> Yes, upgrade of the cat os went fine with high availability.
> The images are there. One of the msfc is 100% and up in
> production as I left it alone. The msfc's don't sync their bootflash
> just the sup's.
>
> The upgrade boot loader image is on the msfc bootflash, and the actual
> 12 full version is on slot1. I have tried to boot to rommon, but I can't
> get there. I pull the good sup and msfc, and power off then on.
>
> Switch console as soon as I can, and see the bootimage decompressing,
> then its trying to tftp:255.255.255.255slot:12image (it's supposed to
> tftp)
> just not sure it's correct. I can't break and get to rommon for some
reason.

> What makes this so difficult is I get an hour outage window once a week -
> so not much time to try stuff.
>
> -TV

David Madland
CCIE# 2016
Sr. Network Engineer
Qwest Communications
612-664-3367

"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it
can do something to the people." -- Thomas Jefferson