I must admit, I've not been doing Pix as far back as 4.2 as far as I can
remember (just a few years), so you must feel you have had good value from
your 520 if you've not had to mess with it at all.
I could not guarantee that all config would go over. It certainly wouldn't
be far out as most Pix commands have stayed backward compatible, but what I
would say is that if you're putting a new Pix in, you couldn't get a better
time to do the whole config again. Replace your conduit commands with access
lists etc. You may never get round to it afterwards and it may haunt you.
The money you pay for a 535, it wouldn't be a massive increase to get an
engineer on site to do the migration for you if you don't fancy it yourself.
If you came to our company for a 535 and maintenance you probably wouldn't
have to argue for too long to get a 'very' cheap days engineering thrown in
(even free at a push).
If you're in UK and you don't get at least the first that let me know :-).

Regards,

Bikespace

""Shawn Xu""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> We have cisco PIX 520 with OS 4.2. Now we want to buy Cisco PIX 535 with
OS