Appreciate your feedback Willy.....Thank you.

Question: What do you mean when you say that you have "given this course
already a couple of times"? Do you mean you are a Cisco trainer, a CCSP
sort of?

Any pointers that you can provide?  NDA withstanding ofcourse!!

This is the only certification left for me and the one I need to have my
official CCDP cert. mailed to me and thus I have been searching the web
for any useful info. pertaining to this exam?

What are the type of questions, ex. a long case study for me to read
first and then answer questions based on that case study? How many?
Arcane questions on SAFE and IPV6?? What's the format like?

Any specific topics that I need to dwell on?

I am using the Cisco Press CCDA exam certification guide for the old exam
as well as the new Sybex book by Lammle and Barkl (not very useful IMHO).

Are there anything else like exams/notes  that I can buy that would be
helpful?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

CN

>From: "Willy Schoots" >To: "'Cisco Nuts'" >Subject: RE: CCDA (DESGN
640-861) ....... A BEAST ???? [7:73770] >Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 15:29:55
+0200 > >One of the reasons is that there is very little material
available that >covers this new exam. A lot of the stuff is still for the
old one. >Combined with the fact that the course changed about 85% from
the old >version you might understand why some people fail the test. >
>Having given this course already a couple of times I can say that its
>difficulty is in the broad range of subjects that it covers. Anything
>from routing, switching, IPv6, content networking, voice and so on can
>appear on the exam. Some of the topics will be very new to typical CCDA
>candidates (only CCNA level knowledge). It also focuses on the design
>model used in CISCO SAFE architecture. > >I feel the course and the exam
are a big step forward compared to the >old DCN and CID exams. Welcome to
the 21st century ;-) > >Cheers, > >Willy > >-----Original Message-----
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
>Cisco Nuts >Sent: zaterdag 9 augustus 2003 14:10 >To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: CCDA (DESGN 640-861) ....... A BEAST ????
[7:73770] > >Group, > >Have been reading a lot lately on this new CCDA
exam here and on >brainbuzz.com? Is it really a beast? Can any one
concur? > >Most seemed to have failed the first time even though they had
all the >right materials/books? What is the reason? I myself need to take
this >exam before Sept.1st and kind of getting scared regarding this
exam.!! >Why should it be more difficult than the CID exam? The CID exam
was >pretty straighforward. > >Can Boson help here.?? Boson guarantees
that you will pass the exam if >you buy their exam?? > >Any one?? > >
CCDA >exam? > > >Regards, > >___________________________________________
> >Fathalla >A. >Fathalla > >Technical Consultant >The content of this
communication is >classified as Mobifon SA Romania >Confidential and
Proprietary >Information.The content of this >communication is intended
solely for >the >use of the individual or entity >to whom it is addressed
and others >authorized to receive it. If you are >not the intended
recipient you are >hereby notified that any disclosure, >copying,
distribution or taking >any >action in reliance on the contents >of this
information is strictly >prohibited and may be unlawful. If you >have
received this communication >in error, please notify us immediately >by
responding to this >communication then delete it from your system. We
>appreciate your >assistance in preserving the confidentiality of our
>correspondence. >Thank you. > >Prezentul mesaj constituie o Informatie
confidentiala si >este >proprietatea exclusiva a MobiFon S.A.. Mesajul se
adreseaza numai > >persoanei fizice sau juridice mentionata ca
destinatara, precum si >altor > >persoane autorizate sa-l primeasca. In
cazul in care nu sunteti > >destinatarul vizat, va aducem la cunostinta
ca dezvaluirea, copierea, > >distribuirea sau initierea unor actiuni pe
baza prezentei informatii > >sunt strict interzise si atrag raspunderea
civila si penala. Daca ati > >primit acest mesaj dintr-o eroare, va rugam
sa ne anuntati imediat, ca > >raspuns la mesajul de fata, si sa-l
stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. > >Apreciem si va multumim pentru
sprijinul acordat in pastrarea > >confidentialitatii corespondentei
noastre. >