Boson's guarantee is if you fail Twice within 90 days after purchasing the
practice exam. So if you fail once and pass the second time you won't get
you $40 back.

I didn't do the new CCDA but I did the CCDP/CCNP recerts just a while ago.

As the CCDA is only an one exam test, it might not bother you if you miss
your deadline.

However, if your company needs your certification for their Partner
designation then I would suggest studying for a week, taking it around the
21st and if you fail you have time to recover, study the material you think
you had issues with and then retake the exam.

Cisco exam retakes require a 72 hour wait so in your case don't take the
exam on the  26th since that would take you into the weekend.  We don't have
any exam centers here that are open on the weekend.  If you do then your
latest date for a first attempt would be the 27th.  Best call Prometric to
confirm when a retake is possible.

As I said, taking an $150 test just to see it might seem more expensive than
the Boson but if you need it then in my opinion its a cost of doing
business - and besides you would have to spend $300 anyway to get your $40
back from Boson.

If this is a "personal" cert then I wouldn't personally worry about it.
Take it when you feel that you're prepared. (unless you don't want to change
your resume.......)

Kevin Wigle